Hike on the CVWWT in the morning.
Delicious Gourmet Restaurant Lunch
Wine tasting on route & wine with lunch
Morning & Afternoon Vehicle Transfers
|Type of Tour||Hiking & Lunch|
|Tour Length||Allow 5 hours|
|Starts||We pick you from your Clare Valley Accommodation at 9am|
|End||We drop you back after lunch at about 2.30pm|
|Price:||$125 pp (Incl Lunch with wine)|
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
No Cancellation Fees up to 6 hours prior to travel
Top Reviews on Trip Advisor & Google
Licensed Tour Operator Since 1997
Clare Valley Walking Tour Overview
If you love Hiking, Gourmet Food and Premium Wine, then combine all 3 for snapshot of the Clare Valley.
The walking component is done in the morning and follows the Clare Valley Wine & Wilderness Traill, this is followed a fabulous lunch at the Skillogalee Restaurant.
We pick you up in the morning from your Clare Valley accommodation at 9am, get you walking with maps and notes, then after lunch we’ll pick you up and drop you back. Don’t worry about getting lost or tired or stuck in the rain on the walk, you can always give us call and we’ll come and rescue you.
- The hike takes place on stage 2 of the Clare Valley Wine & Wilderness Trail.
- The total distance walked is 6km.
- We provide you with a map and trail notes, and if you like we can get you set up with a GPS mapping app to use your phone.
- The terrain is moderate, it includes some hills.
- You will pass through bush & vineyards.
- You should be fit and capable of walking the distance. Walking shoes or boots are recommended.
- The walking ends when you arrive at Skillogalee.
The Skillogalee Lunch
- The package includes a set 4 course menu with a glass at wine a the Skillogalee Restaurant.
- Skillogalee can cater for multiple dietary needs including GF, Veg & Vegan.
The Wine Tasting
- You will pass through Jeanneret Wines, located in a beautiful bush setting on the edge of a National Park, you will normally have time to do a wine or beer tasting.
- If you buy wine at Jeanneret, they do not charge a tasting fee, if you do not buy there is $10 charge. Jeanneret also has Clare Valley Brewing, they offer a range of beers to purchase and a tasting paddle for $15.
- If you buy wine, you do not need to carry it, you can leave it there and we’ll pick it up in the vehicle when we drop you home after lunch.
- A glass of wine is included in your lunch package at Skillogalee, you are welcome to purchase extra wine or do a tasting, if you do a tasting there is a $10 – $15 fee depending on the range.
- We’ll pick you up from your Clare valley Accommodation at 9am.
- We are unable to pick up form Adelaide for this tour.
- We’ll drop you at the start of the hike.
- We’ll then pick you up at 2.30pm after lunch and drop you back at your accommodation.
- If you purchased wine during the walk, we can swing past and pick that up from the winery.
Clare Valley Walk Itinerary
We pick you up from your Clare Valley accommodation at 9am and drive directly to the drop off point for the hike.
We will provide you with a map and trail notes. We will also discuss options for things to do along the walk.
You are following a well marked trail, however if you get lost you give us a call to help get you back on track.
Using the maps and information we have provided, you head off on the walk which ends at Skillogalee Winery, we will book you in for lunch so simply check into Skillogalee.
We’ll pick you up from Skillogalee at 2.30pm, if you purchased any wine along the walk we can stop and pick this up, we’ll them drop you back at your accommodation. You can always give us a call if your lunch is likely to finish late or early and we can normally adjust the pick up time for you.